I got it in http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/08/20-fascinating-facts-you-might-not-know-about-your-favorite-k-pop-idols#axzz2qLIRE8Ps
This may sound daring, but I’ll go ahead and assume that a lot of us aren’t personally acquainted with some of our favorite K-pop idols (even though you know, as well as I, that we’d be the best, best friends they ever had – like, ever).
And because these idols are carefully filtered through all that airbrushed makeup and flawless performances, we so readily accept their otherworldliness, which is exactly what’s expected of us – our idolatry.
But here are 20 facts (weird, gross, random, tragic – they’re all in there) you may or may not have known that take away from some of their perfection.
1. Nichkhun was originally in talks to appear on ‘We Got Married’ as Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga In’s lawfully wedded (on-air) husband, but was replaced last minute by 2AM’s Jo Kwon.
2. Suzy auditioned for the 2009 Mnet’s Superstar K, but she only made it through the preliminary round before she was eliminated. Luckily, a talent agent took notice of her and scouted her. And, as fate would have it, she became a trainee at JYP Entertainment and debuted as the youngest member of miss A.
3. EXO’s Luhan was given the nickname Marilyn Monroe because Marilyn Monroe’s Chinese name 玛丽莲·梦露 (Mali lian Meng lu), the character “meng” sounds similar to the word that means “cute/moe”, and “lu” is derived from “LUhan”.
4. After School’s Nana is a licensed beautician and also has a membership at the Makeup Artists Association.
5. Back in the day, it wasn’t always the case that Rain was as explosive a star (in more ways than one) as he is today. J.Y. Park revealed that Rain failed 18 auditions before he was finally granted admission to train under JYP Entertainment.
6. Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga In was handpicked by the other three members after she was eliminated from ‘Battle Shinhwa’. According to Ga In, as she was crying in the bathroom after falling short of the cut, she was found by composer Ahn Jung Hoon. As it turns out, her elimination was the best thing that happened to her, for she was chosen through that audition to be part of the Brown Eyed Girls.
7. MBLAQ’s Mir confessed that he didn’t have to audition to get into MBLAQ because J.Tune Camp’s CEO is his brother-in-law. Honorable mention: Mir secretly sold his father’s cow to be able to pay for a date. He dragged a calf to the cow market and told the salespeople that he was running errands for his father.
8. SISTAR’s Bora revealed that on the day she made her television debut through a program called ‘Golden Ladder’ as Myeong Ji University’s beauty queen, her father, who had been suffering from stomach cancer, tragically passed away on the same day.
9. In elementary school, Taecyeon proposed to his first love with two rings. One ring was silver and the other was gold. The gold one just so happened to be his mother’s wedding ring (what a guy).
10. Hana’s mother worked as a singer in the 1980s and her father worked as a presidential Bodyguard.
11. In elementary school, B2ST’s Yoseob’s parents were called to school when he exposed that his teacher was really wearing a wig.
12. Girl’s Day’s Yura revealed that she has insurance on her legs valued at $500,000. Her company, DreamT Entertainment, stated, “Yura’s legs are really long and don’t have a single wound. Because she’s a dancer, she signed up for insurance in case of an emergency.”
13. Big Bang’s T.O.P revealed that the original stage name Yang Hyun Suk had in mind for him was Mark.
14. Lizzy was once asked out by a boy during her second period class. He broke up with her before the bell rang at the end of the day.
15. B.A.P’s Bang Yong Guk has an older sister and an older twin brother.
16. 2NE1’s Park Bom once offered Teddy a deer’s belly button candy because he looked exhausted. (Brownie points go out to whoever can explain what a deer’s belly button candy is and what kind of health benefits it provides).
17. SHINee’s Jonghyun once referred to an SUV as a USB. I kid you not, friends. Minho revealed this lovely piece of information on a radio show.
18. Hyosung’s father had been diagnosed with lung cancer, but had recovered after treatment. When he decided to go back to work to support his family, the cancer came back and took a toll on his body. He died of lung cancer in 2008.
19. Junho broke 28 pairs of chopsticks… with his butt.
20. Girls’ Generation’s Sunny shares the same birthday (May 15) as her two older sisters.